Saturday 9 January 2016

What I Got For My Birthday 2015



I’m sure you’ve all seen the hundreds of What I got for Christmas blog posts, because I sure have. However like few, I celebrate my birthday 6 days after Christmas, which means it isn’t until the new year that I can round up all my presents to truly appreciate what I now own in my life.
So now I have decided to show you a glimpse of some beauty products that I received for either Christmas or Birthday! Enjoy!
Currently, my bedroom lacks both good lighting and a good mirror. Both of which are vital to getting ready daily and successfully at that. I am so happy to have received Carmen’s Light Up Desk Mirror, that runs on batteries, so is super handy and is perfect to give good lighting for a decent winter makeup routine. (I received this from the wonderful Rach, whom you can find online here and here.)

After the poor death of my The Wet Brush, I was eager to try a new version, for comparison. Superdrug’s Detangling Brush seems to be a cheaper dupe for the Tangle Teaser. And boy it is good!
With the size fitting comfortably in my hand, I find myself constantly wanting to brush my hair. However, I fear how successful it’ll be on a day that I want to keep my wavy hair on point without brushing them out.  

Personally, I like mascaras that give length. After recently disliking my current mascaras, I subtly asked for recommendations. This resulted in two mascaras for my birthday, that I know I’ll already love. Rimmel Extra 3D Lash has a small plastic brush etc. Maybelline Lashionista claims to give endless length (unrealistic but hey). As soon as I opened this I saw that medium bristled brush also had fibres on it, of which is known to create length. Perhaps a more evening mascara, for that fake lash effect?!

In the shade Bare Light, Revlon Photoready Face Illuminator is a liquid lightly golden highlighter! It’s so pretty and effective, that I do have to be careful not to get carried away with it on my face. It’s quite a bit darker than the pink-toned Benefit highlight, yet still works on my pale skin, foundation or not!


In the past, I’ve used M&S skincare, as it is cruelty-free (Leaping Bunny approved). With thanks to my skin clearing up, I can now use Marks & Spencer Limited Collection Eyeshadow Palette and eyeshadows freely, and this is the perfect way to start. A variety of matte and shimmer coloured eyeshadows, as you can see, are a perfect beginner and even travel-friendly palette! 

Estee Lalonde Nail Art Kit. A nail art pen for dotting and lines, and three beautiful shades of nail polish. I both adore Estee and The Body Shop; with these being my first nail polish from there, it has a good formula and brush for application. Oh and I’m wearing the blue shade right now #beaut!




This Nail Kit, of which I'm brand clueless,  legit has everything you’d need to maintain your nails! Personally, my nails grow quickly, and losing my clippers can be guaranteed. So I also love the packaging, as I know I’ll try my hardest to keep them all in place and not lose them!


I’m beyond happy with all the wonderful gifts that I received. Plus, it’s crazy to know that I got many non-beauty gifts too! What good products did you receive over the Christmas period? 
Tash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.