Wednesday 5 August 2015

The Craze of Hair Chalks

As summer approached, in combination with the popularity of coloured dyed hair, the use of hair chalks swiftly arrived!

This craze became very popular especially with festivals around the corner, as it is a fast and non-permanent way to make your hair looks in style and colourful! 



I purchased some pastel hair chalk to try out to easily add colour to my hair for the summer! These can be found for cheap on the internet. 
Upon first impressions, I used these colours on my wet hair, and
found that also wetting the chalks helped to transfer colour better. It was quite messy, however colour came out well at the time. 

Pinterest and other websites suggest that you use hair straighteners or curlers to dry the hair to allow the chalk to stay put too. 
Due to my wavy hair, I did not want to do this, so let my hair air dry which meant that the colour transferred on to my clothes. 


I loved how the streaks of colour looked on my hair as I wore it down! It's clear to see the colours would look much better on lighter hair (of which I'm a little jealous).

Luckily the hair chalk lasted on my hair for a few days, only rubbing onto my hands when I did my hair for that day. 
My next shower was practically purple rain, as the chalk left my hair. 
Unfortunately it also left my hair really knotty (which it never is), and even feeling really rough and dried out after combing through! This was quite offputting as it has been over a week since I used the hair chalks and I can still tell the areas in which I used them!

Hair chalk is fun and colourful to use, but for me, the messiness that the colour transfer leaves, as well as the aftermath of drying my hair out, is not overall worth the experience in my opinion, but I'm glad I tried out hair chalk during this summer!

                     - Tash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.