Wednesday 16 September 2015

Dr. Hauschka Skin Care

Last Thursday I was invited to the shop BeYOUtiful in Sandbach, where they held a wonderful event with a guest speaker from Dr. Hauschka to talk about skincare and their product line.

The evening begun with a bit of history about how Dr. Rudolf Hauschka valued natural ingredients that are certified organicly obtained from bio-dynamic farm based in Germany; policies which they still stand by now. A cruelty-free, vegan friendly brand that is natrue approved, majorly caught my attention!

A selection of their products were then demonstrated on each of us, from their cleansing milks, to their moisturisers. I left the event with a goody bag from them and a few mini products that were suggested for me to trial.

Melissa Day Cream

Recommended due to my combination and sensitive skin, Melissa Day Cream first off smells like lemon sherbert which got my attention. This cream helps hydrate my patchy areas as well as controlling shine. With ingregients of melissa, dasiy, witch hazel and anthyllis, they all help to soothe and help balance my skin. So far, so good using the mini version of this product, but I'll continue using it daily until I've run out.

Almond Soothing Body Cream

If it wasn't obvious, this body cream is made with Almonds which gives the product a marzipan scent, which seems to be a love-hate thing amongth many. But I love the smell, and leaves my skin soft (like most body creams to be honest). I'm yet to see what stands out about this particular cream, so it's doubtful I'll repurchase this item when I've used up my sample size.

Freshness & Energy Kit

This gift pack is based on revitalising care for the body with the main scent being Lemon Lemongrass throughout most the products. This kit includes body wash, bath essence, body oil, body milk and hand cream. I'm not the type of person to go out and buy body creams and such because I know that I will just forget about them. But this kit, in addition to its lovely scent, it has given me the opportunity to trial a body oil which I have never used before. Thus, look forward to trialing these products (when I remember to.)

It was so interesting to hear about Dr. Hauschka's approach to creating 100% natural skin care products for a variety of skin types. However personally, this brand is quite expensive with a full size day cream costing £26. But I do plan to continue using the cream to see if it truly worth the money. They do sell a wide variety of other products that can be found online or in BeYOUtiful store!


Have you ever tried a Dr. Hauschka? If so what did you think?

- Tash.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.