Wednesday 22 June 2016

Care for Down There: Legs

As most of you probably know it’s officially summer in the UK, which means we suddenly pay more attention and love to our legs as we expose them to the occasional sun rays! This week I am focusing of caring for our body parts like our legs that can sometimes get neglected, so they are healthy and glowing!


Now I detest removing leg hair as much as the next person. However some days and fancy events do cause for hair-free legs, not to mention how we love the feel of freshly shaven legs (i.e. my current position, and loving it!) 


My personal go-to method is using razors, and for the last 6 months or so I’ve been using Friction Free Shaving Frankie razors. They honestly do such a good job, and are half the price of branded blades that deliver to your door. YES.


Through so much trial and error, I now use Own Brand shaving creams on my legs, for the simple reasons that they are cheap, do the job of not causing burns or missing hairs, and most often are cruelty-free (such as Boots and Lidl).



To help improve the sleekness and health of my legs after shaving or a day in the sun (such as burns, which are highly likely), I grab an aloe vera body butter - cool, refreshing, and moisturising - and apply this sparingly. Or if I’m feeling fruity, using a perfumed moisturiser or butter like ones by Soap and Glory leaves an amazing uplifting scent.
Alternatively, body oil I find perfect for mornings, whether I shower or not, to hydrate my legs, and give them a lil’ glow using Dr Hauschka Lemongrass Body Oil, which makes your body smell of a fresh summer's day. 

Finally, I suggest that as the sunny weather arrives, don't forget the apply that suncream on top throughly and regularly. I suggest products such as this by Jason (which I've awkwardly misplaced), but any is truly better than nothing.
How are you caring for your legs this summer?


TASH XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.