Saturday 11 June 2016

Everyday: Makeup Bases


What makeup base I use on my face after my skincare is usually determined by whether I plan to leave the house and for how long, how my skin is looking and most importantly how lazy I am that day. 

BB Cream
If I am feeling confident with my face or am in a rush/lazy, my Maybelline BB Cream is ideal because it doesn't require blending but still gives a light sheer coverage. Also this shade is great for me, and all the cruelty-free BB drugstore brands I’ve tried aren’t the correct shade, like how The Body Shop is way orangey!

CC Cream
Whilst on the hunt for cruelty-free BB Creams, I thought I’d give this CC Cream by Bourjois a go, what with my redness, I thought I’d give it a whirl. The texture reminds me of a powdery liquid foundation (confusing I know, but not watery, okay?) This is ideal for covering imperfections without a heavy base, resulting in a silky concealed finish! However this is usually avoided on my dry skin days, otherwise it emphases flakiness.

Liquid Foundations
Perhaps my favourite base options are these two foundations that I’ve manage to find to fit my shade quite well! Alike the CC Cream, Bourjois’ option is colour correcting, yet I find to be a lot easier to blend, especially with a beauty blender, and usually used for more exciting and longer days out. Alternatively I use The Body Shop which gives a slightly lesser coverage in comparison, yet is better to blend. Also, this is nice for simple daily usage, as doesn’t feel so cakey and heavy.

Powder Foundations
For some reason I also turn to powders on my lazy days of getting ready. Bare Minerals Original in fairly light has been a classic option for years, and I think my first ever foundation!! This buildable option I find handy for using for a easy day look then topping up for evenings also for more coverage. Whether it’s on top for a lasting base or alone in a morning I also love Bare Minerals’ Veil, that offers a light dusting powder, which is simply perfection.

What are your favourite types of everyday bases? 

TASH XO


Maybelline BB Cream: This item has blue tape because it is not cruelty-free :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.